Need to Talk?
Our wellness team is here to provide you with a supportive and confidential space to talk about how you are doing. Meet with a member of our team who is there to listen and assist you in creating a plan to feel better. Counselling is strengths and solution-focused so that you leave with strategies and ideas you can apply immediately. Counselling services are offered at no costs to enrolled students. Please note that the Wellness Centre is not currently fully accessible. For students with physical accessibility concerns, counselling services can be accessed in an alternate space or virtually.
You can book an appointment to talk about:
- Stress and anxiety
- Low mood and depression
- Homesickness or transitioning to university
- Grief and loss
- Or anything else that might be on your mind.
Drop-in support allows for 15-20 minute sessions with a counsellor to discuss resources and helpful strategies, or simply get connected with our team. Longer follow-up sessions can be scheduled as needed. Drop-in times for 2023/24 are as follows:
- Mondays 1:30-2:30pm
- Thursdays 9:30-10:30am
Drop-in can be attended virtually or in-person. Click here to complete our drop-in form: https://huron.jotform.com/hucwelln/drop-in
Please note that if you indicate a preference for a virtual drop-in, a counsellor will send you a Zoom link as soon as they are available.
Note: For students residing out of province or outside of Canada:
- Inkblot Therapy (https://inkblottherapy.com/western-purplecare) offers affordable virtual counselling across Canada and is covered by your student benefits.
- BetterHelp (https://www.betterhelp.com/) is a worldwide online counselling platform giving you access to a licensed therapist via text and video chat.
- 7 Cups (https://www.7cups.com/) connects you to trained volunteer listeners (free) 24/7 for emotional support and can connect you to an online licensed therapist (available worldwide).
- All Huron students also have access to TAO, our online self help platform, where you can learn more about how to cope with anxiety, depression, stress, relationships, and more.