Learn More

Student Fees

Fall/Winter tuition, residence and meal plan fees can be paid in full or in 2 instalments.  Full payment or the first instalment is due by August 15th for both International and Domestic students. The second instalment (full remaining balance) is due by December 1st for all students.  Please refer to the respective Fee Schedules for exact instalment amounts.

Intersession/Summer tuition fees are due within 5 business days of invoicing. Please check your Huron statement here for intersession/summer fees.

Non-Ontario residents are subject to Out of Province tuition fees. More information on accessing the Ontario Resident Tuition rate can be found here.

Incoming students are required to pay deposits to secure admission (if applicable) and apply for residence. Please see Huron’s deposit policy here for more information.

Who pays Canadian/domestic fees?

Who pays Canadian/domestic fees?
  • Canadian citizens/Native Canadians residing outside Canada
  • Permanent Residents (Landed Immigrants) of Canada
  • Individuals admitted to Canada under a diplomatic visa, as well as their dependents
  • Individuals admitted to Canada under an employment visa and their dependents. The dependent must be registered as a full-time student
  • Legal dependents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. The dependent status must be fully documented, and must have been established a minimum of three years prior to application for exception
  • Persons admitted to Canada who are officially recognized as Convention refugees or who have applied for Convention refugee status, prior to January 1, 1989

If you fit into one of the above categories, you must submit an original copy of the appropriate documentation to Student Services at Western and Huron’s Registrar’s Office at Room W44 before the deadline in each term the student is registered. Failure to comply will result in assessment of International Fees. No exceptions to deadlines will be accepted.

Full Fall/Winter Undergraduate Term – November 1st
Winter Second Term Only  – February 1st

Acceptable Documentation

  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Passport
  • Canadian Permanent Residency Card
  • Certificate of Indian Status Card (issued by DIAND/INAC/AANDC)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292, IMM 5688)
  • Protected Person Status Document (IMM 5292)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
  • Diplomatic Visa
  • Work Permit (IMM 1442) with accompanying Study Permit (IMM1442)

For additional information, please check here.