Introducing an innovative, context-driven approach to theological education for ministry
Today’s Christian leaders must be attuned to the needs of diverse local contexts and communities, but also well prepared to adapt to an ever-changing world. To equip you for transformative leadership, wherever you are and wherever you will serve, Huron University College is introducing a new, accessible, context-based approach to theological education.
We’re doing this so even more students, whether local to London, within commuting distance, or farther afield, can access a theological education that will position them for resiliency and success – without being uprooted from their local faith communities. With nearly 160 years of experience delivering solid theological learning and formation for ministry, we’re adapting our Master of Divinity and Master of Theological Studies programs to balance university-based and community-based learning.
BENEFIT FROM HURON’S RICH LEGACY OF THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION AND INCLUSIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHILE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF AN EXCITING AND INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO FORMATION FOR COMMUNITY AND CHURCH LEADERSHIP.
OUR NEW CONTEXT-DRIVEN APPROACH
Features of the program that will change:
- Two options for study: (1) attend in person and on campus, or (2) join our classrooms virtually
- Concentrated Monday-Tuesday class schedule to reduce your commute and enhance your interaction with faculty and fellow students
- New online, remote-access option – for students who qualify
- All students take part in intensive on-campus sessions for spiritual formation, community engagement and leadership development
- Enhanced vocational learning focuses your ministry in your home community
- Academic, spiritual and ministry mentorship tailored to your unique goals
Features of the program that will not change:
- Our welcoming, inclusive learning community
- World-class theological faculty and academic preparation
- Full access to the library resources and student services of Huron at Western and Western University
- ATS-accredited Master of Divinity and Master of Theological Studies degrees, conferred by Western University
- Ability in MTS to earn a Concentration in one of seven subject areas
- Full-time and part-time options
- Generous financial aid available to all students