Huron wants all of our students to be able to explore their unique interests in ways that nurture their individual gifts. By creating different avenues, beyond the standard curriculum, for students to extend their learning, we are better preparing to apply their knowledge in active and transformative ways within their local and global communities.
To fulfill our mission of Developing Leaders with Heart, our university offers a number of courses that are administered outside the departmental and program structure and that contribute to students' general foundational knowledge and skills and/or to several programs at once.
Some of the most endearing aspects of the Huron community are its prioritization of collaboration, mutual understanding and respect. Not only do our staff and faculty extend their heads and hearts to our students, but professors also treat one another with the highest regard for who they are as academics - and more importantly, people. Their willingness to share in one another's lives and work breeds creative solutions and also creates amazing opportunities for our students. As professors come together to blend their courses and community initiatives for the benefit of our Leaders with Heart, students gain access to unprecedented avenues for learning.
Meet the professors who are putting their heads together to make your university experience even better.
- Dr. Neil Bradford, Full Professor, Global Leadership & Ethics 519.438.7224 ext. 333, Rm A300
Program sessional or per course professors
- Darlene Balandin, Sociology, Lecturer, 519.438.7224 ext. 277, Rm OR 30
- Dr. Emerson Doyle, History of Science, Assistant Professor, 519.438.7224 ext. 277, Lucas Annex
- Dr. George Donaldson, Speech, Assistant Professor, 519.438.7224 ext. 238, Rm A302
- Dr. Jeremy Greenway, Writing, Assistant Professor, 519.438.7224 ext.277, Rm V125
- Kelly Hollingshead, Environmental Science, Lecturer, 519.438.7224 ext. 277, UCC 210
- Dr. Mohsen Mollahajiaghaei, Mathematics, Assistant Professor, 519.438.7224 ext. 231, Rm A18
- Carolyn Nesbitt-Larking, Writing, Lecturer, 519.438.7224 ext. 277, Rm A301
- Dr. Gabor Sass, Environmental Science, Assistant Professor, 519.438.7224 ext. 277, SSC 2221
- Julian Sonik, Writing, Lecturer, 519.438.7224 ext. 277, Rm V207
- Dr. Marina Palaisti, Mathematics, Assistant Professor, 519.438.7224, ext. 277, Rm V207
Non-departmental Course Offerings
Our Interdisciplinary Studies course offerings typically flux, each year, to meet the changing demands of our students, shifting political, social and cultural landscapes, as well as to best ensure Huron students are being well-prepared to flourish personally and professionally upon graduation. Below, we outline some of the current and past course offerings that consist of vibrant collaborations across departments.
Seriously consider incorporating one of these highly-engaging course offerings into your schedule, so you don't miss the opportunity to engage with learning materials in different and innovative ways to make even more of your learning experience at Canada's best Liberal Arts university.
Where can interdisciplinary study take you?
Huron is committed to delivering a university experience unlike any other. We do this by departing from narrowly-structured course offerings and combining traditional lectures with more interactive styles of teaching. By looking beyond-the-box for unique educational experiences, we empower our students to develop the skills necessary for adapting to new situations, people and ways of learning. This helps better prepare them for the modern career landscape, which is constantly changing and demanding new and evolving knowledge and skill sets from our young people.
Learn about the different careers our grads have succeeded within and imagine how creative, collaborative and challenging learning environments will position you for a rewarding career.
- Political Scientist
- Public Relations Specialist
- Case Manager
- Human Resources Professional
- Research Assistant
- Account Executive
- Pharmacist Technician
- Foriegn Ambassador
Sahana Mazumder, MES
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday