What is MOS Internship?
The Management & Organizational Studies (MOS) Internship Program, aims to provide an 8 – 16 month practical degree-related experience in an employment setting.
All students enrolled in the third year of a four-year undergraduate degree program including an Honors Specialization, Honors Double Major or Specialization in a MOS module at Huron University College, Brescia University College, and King’s University College are eligible to enroll in the MOS Internship Program.
- Full-time undergraduate
- At least 70% average
- Completed at least 5.0 credits second-year principal courses required for your degree
- Successfully complete (Business Administration 2257 or MOS 2227 A/B, MOS 2228 A/B)
- Be in good standing with the Department
- Returning to full-time studies at Huron
- Apply in Western Connect
- Attend all preparatory workshops
- Meet preparatory requirements included in MOS 3494
- Pay an administrative fee and receive 1.0 credit for a successful placement
MOS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM PROCESS
Step 1: Make sure you meet the qualifications
- Domestic students, and International student with permissions to work on their student visa
- Completion of Business Administration 2257
- Completion of 2nd year of MOS Program with a minimum average of 70%
Step 2: Notify the Career Development Team at Huron & Apply to MOS Internship Program on Western Connect by November 23.
- Login Western Connect and register for "MOS Internship Program"
Step 3: Attend one MOS Internship Information Session in the Fall Term.
- Thursday, September 19, 2019, 5:00 – 6:45PM (SSC 3022)
- Monday, October 7, 2019, 5:00 – 6:45PM (SSC 3022)
Step 4: Attend one MOS Internship Cover Letter & Resume Session in the Fall Term.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 4:30 – 6:30PM (SSC 2024)
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 4:30 – 6:30PM (SSC 2024)
Step 5: Wait for Approval.
Approval into the MOS Internship Program will be completed on a rolling basis. Once your prerequisites have been confirmed and confirmation of your attendance each session is reported
Step 6: International Students.
Once approved for the program in Career Central, please contact Britney Hunter for a letter in order to get your work permit
Step 7: Have your resume approved.
Book an appointment with Huron’s Writing Services team, then meet with Huron’s Career Development Coordinator to have your final resume approved
Step 8: Apply to internships.
Apply to the posted internships in Western Connect or find your own and have it approved by Huron’s Career Development Coordinator
Step 9: Interview.
Be accepted by a company for an internship interview. You are encouraged to conduct mock interviews with Huron’s Career Development Coordinator prior to your real one
Step 10: Accept the Offer.
Accept the internship job offer and send to Britney Hunter
Monday - 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Thursday - 10:00am - 11:30am