What is MOS Internship?
The Management & Organizational Studies (MOS) Internship Program, aims to provide an 8 – 16 month practical degree-related experience in an employment setting.
All students enrolled in the third year of a four-year undergraduate degree program including an Honors Specialization, Honors Double Major or Specialization in a MOS module at Huron University College, Brescia University College, and King’s University College are eligible to enroll in the MOS Internship Program.
MOS Internship Admission Requirements
Students must also satisfy the eligibility requirements which are to: be enrolled in full-time undergraduate studies at Huron, Brescia, or King’s; have at least a 70% average; have successfully completed the second-year principal courses required for their degree including Business Administration 2257, or MOS 2227A/B and MOS 2228A/B, have completed at least 5.0 credits; be in good standing with the Department; be returning to full-time studies at Huron, Brescia, or King’s to complete the final year of their studies. Students interested in the program should contact Career Development at Huron and will then apply through the Career Services Office at Western Connect in the fall of their third academic year.
Students will be registered in, and attend, all preparatory workshops and meet other preparatory requirements included in MOS 3494 - Internship during the year prior to their work term. Students who are successful in securing a placement will pay an administrative fee and will receive 1.0 credits for the course once the themed program is complete. Students who are unsuccessful in securing a placement will be withdrawn from MOS 3494 without penalty, and will not be liable for the administrative fee. During their work term, students will be registered in one of three courses depending on the length of time of the practical experience component: MOS 3490 - Internship: Work Term (8 month option), MOS 3491 - Internship: Work Term (9-12 month option), or MOS 3492 - Internship: Work Term (13-16 month option). Students who complete a second Internship work term with a second company will also be registered in MOS 3493 – Internship: Work Term (second 8 month option). Following the work term, students will complete a report and oral presentation. A grade of pass/fail will be assigned to each of the course components completed as part of the themed program.
Students who qualify to receive a continuing scholarship in the academic year in which they participate in the MOS Internship Program are permitted to defer receipt of the scholarship for one year. Please note that students who participate in the MOS Internship Program will extend the length of their degree by an additional year.
- Full-time undergraduate
- At least 70% average
- Completed at least 5.0 credits second-year principal courses required for your degree
- Successfully complete (Business Administration 2257 or MOS 2227 A/B, MOS 2228 A/B)
- Be in good standing with the Department
- Returning to full-time studies at Huron
- Apply in Western Connect
- Attend all preparatory workshops
- Meet preparatory requirements included in MOS 3494
- Pay an administrative fee and receive 1.0 credit for a successful placement
Why does the MOS Internship benefit your career path?
- Earn while you learn
- Be more competitive in the workforce
- Obtain practical experience from workplace
- Prepare for future job applications
- Develop professional work experience
- Learn new skills
- Build a professional network
- Gain industry insight
- Increase your chances of securing full-time employment
MOS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM PROCESS
Step 1: Make sure you meet the qualifications
- Domestic students, and International student with permissions to work on their student visa
- Completion of Business Administration 2257
- Completion of 2nd year of MOS Program with a minimum average of 70%
Step 2: Notify the Career Development Team at Huron & Apply to MOS Internship Program on Western Connect by November 23.
- Login Western Connect and register for "MOS Internship Program"
Step 3: Attend one MOS Internship Information Session in the Fall Term.
- Thursday, September 19, 2019, 5:00 – 6:45PM (SSC 3022)
- Monday, October 7, 2019, 5:00 – 6:45PM (SSC 3022)
Step 4: Attend one MOS Internship Cover Letter & Resume Session in the Fall Term.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 4:30 – 6:30PM (SSC 2024)
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 4:30 – 6:30PM (SSC 2024)
Step 5: Wait for Approval.
Approval into the MOS Internship Program will be completed on a rolling basis. Once your prerequisites have been confirmed and confirmation of your attendance each session is reported
Step 6: International Students.
Once approved for the program in Career Central, please contact Britney Hunter for a letter in order to get your work permit
Step 7: Have your resume approved.
Book an appointment with Huron’s Writing Services team, then meet with Huron’s Career Development Coordinator to have your final resume approved
Step 8: Apply to internships.
Apply to the posted internships in Western Connect or find your own and have it approved by Huron’s Career Development Coordinator
Step 9: Interview.
Be accepted by a company for an internship interview. You are encouraged to conduct mock interviews with Huron’s Career Development Coordinator prior to your real one
Step 10: Accept the Offer.
Accept the internship job offer and send to Britney Hunter
Monday - 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Thursday - 10:00am - 11:30am
Monday - 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Thursday - 10:00am - 11:30am
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday