Through London’s Small Business Centre “Summer Company” program, Huron students can receive start-up money to kick-off a new summer business, along with advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running.
Each student can receive a maximum award of $3,000, with extra earning potential stemming from net profits. Successful Summer Company applicants get up to $1,500 for start-up costs and an additional $1,500 when students successfully complete the program requirements.
Students must submit independently. Eligible students must run their business from May through to August. As funding is limited, Huron ensures that a minimum of five quality applications will be accepted into the program.
Applicants Must Meet the Following Criteria
- Be between 15 and 29 years old, currently a student and returning to school in the fall (proof of enrollment required)
- Propose a new business separate from any current family businesses
- Prepare a business plan that shows the business can successfully launch and operate this summer
- Invest a minimum of 420 working hours into their companies between May and August
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant residing in Ontario
- Agree to follow government rules and regulations for operating a business
Contact the Career Development Team to learn more about any of these internships!