Assistant Professor, Practical Theology
I am committed to developing thriving congregations and effective leaders. Practical theology is concerned with lived faith, how we understand our mission, and how we practice ministry in the world.
Huron welcomes United Church ministry students through our innovative VST@Huron partnership. Study locally and graduate with Vancouver School of Theology. Contact me to learn more about courses that develop your capacity for everyday ministry: Christian education, congregational development and leadership, pastoral care and counselling, couple and family dynamics, grief and crisis counselling, and family of origin self-understanding. Online courses are also available for Designated Lay Minister (DLM) through our Continuing Education program. Learn more about training for Licensed Lay Worship Leaders (LLWL) in partnership with The Centre for Practical Theology.
Summary of Research:
- United Church clergy experience of maternity and parental leaves
- Clergy workplace harassment
- Evangelism in mainline, liberal congregations
- Congregation-community partnerships
- Missional ministry development with congregations
- Pastoral care and counselling
- Couple and family counselling
- Group dynamics in religious education