Coordinator, Recruitment Events
Recruitment and Admissions
The Coordinator, Recruitment Events will support all initiatives related to the coordination of student recruitment events on campus for Huron. Working collaboratively with the Manager, Events and Conference Services and members of the Recruitment and Admissions team, the Coordinator, Recruitment Events assists in the implementation and execution of Huron’s overarching recruitment strategy. This is achieved through the effective coordination and delivery of recruitment events to promote and highlight the benefits of liberal arts education at Huron.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for coordinating recruitment events on campus; facilitating partnerships between the stakeholders including the recruitment team, faculty, staff, alumni and students, to host visitors, to assist with and host school visits; plan and coordinate all campus recruitment events and activities such as faculty lectures, lunch and learns, guidance counselor events and sample lectures.
- Post-secondary degree from an accredited institution;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a fast-paced, events coordination/support role, preferably in a post-secondary or educational setting;
- Knowledge of the post-secondary admissions and recruitment cycle;
- Knowledge of the academic programs and disciplines taught within the Faculty of Arts and Social Science and Faculty of Theology at Huron;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to interact positively with prospective students, high schools, guidance counselors, and the general public in a variety of settings, including public presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively and use good judgment in all decisions.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by February 19th, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Letters of application and a current resume, including three references (who will not be contacted without permission of the candidate), should be submitted in confidence to Justin Henry, Director, Human Resources:
Mail: 1349 Western Road, London, ON, N6G 1H3
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224 or at the email address above.